Lauretta Onochie, the special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on social media has reacted to the controversy caused by eviction orders issued to Fulani herdsmen in some communities across the country.
Onochie in series of tweets shared on Monday January 25 in reaction to human rights activist Femi Falana’s claim of the presidency acting as the ‘defenders of herders’, insisted that no tribe is free of bad eggs.
The presidential aide who described criminalizing an ethnic group because one does not like Buhari’s face as fishing for trouble, also alleged that there’s been a devious game of recycling of “issues” under Buhari’s administration to the point that those “who benefit from the chaos have not noticed the strides this government has made.”
“LET COMMONSENSE PREVAIL.
1. Who can argue with Femi Falana SAN? Who has a counter argument against Rotimi Fashaki?
If Emeka, Chijioke and Adanma commit crimes in any state, Emeka, Chijioke and Adanma alone are arrested and charged. Not Ndigbo.
2. If Adeleke, Ayodele and Iyabo commit crimes in any state, Adeleke, Ayodele and Iyabo alone would usually be arrested and charged. Not the Yoruba nation.
3. However, when the criminal is Musa, Aliyu or Ibrahim, the whole Fulani nation is guilty. Sometimes, Fulanis who have lived in the area for decades, are made to suffer the consequences of crimes committed by others. Why is this? They are Fulanis, Pres Buhari’s ethnic group
4. If theres an ethnic or community clash where lives & properties are lost, we pick & choose which to attribute to community clash & which to lay on the doorsteps of d Fulanis, @MBuhari’s ethnic group in order to satisfy the craving for more bitterness & hatred towards MBuhari
5. There’s no tribe that is free of bad eggs. But criminalising an ethnic group because you don’t like President Buhari’s face, is nothing short of evil and fishing for trouble.
6. It’s a devious game that has been on for a while now. There has been a recycling of “issues” under this government, to the point that those who benefit from the chaos have not noticed the strides this government has made.
7. They had asked for, no, Demanded restructuring. @MBuhari has no power to alter the constitution so he did what’s within his power. Executive orders mean that Governors have their powers back as chief security officers of their states No one is threathening state of emergency
8. After restructuring, they moved to Fulani herdsmen & Boko Haram. Then an international “ombudsman” organisation, released statistics showing that in spite of security challenges, Nigeria is safer under this government than the previous.
9. They then moved to d economy. Most of their criticisms were false. With the Pandemic & a downturn in the world economy, the IMF announced that Nigeria had moved from the 46th to the 25th best economy, globally while still maintaining her 1st spot in Africa This angered them.
10.They didn’t give it a mention. It was not what they wanted for Nigeria and Nigerians. They wallowed in a mud of disappointment. They are now back to restructuring and Fulani herdsmen. They decided that the two topics wailed together, would make more impact
11. Although they have refused to take their liberty, local government councils, state houses of assembly and state judiciaries have been granted autonomy through executive orders signed by Mr. President. What more can he do! Drop? #BabaNoDeyDrop
12. Those threathening mayhem must calm down, take a deep breath and remember that this is the only nation we can truly call, “ours”. The ballot box is usually, the best way to change a government. That’s in 2023
Let common sense prevail. God bless Nigeria.”
LET COMMONSENSE PREVAIL.
🛑 1. Who can argue with Femi Falana SAN?
Who has a counter argument against Rotimi Fashaki?
🛑 If Emeka, Chijioke and Adanma commit crimes in any state, Emeka, Chijioke and Adanma alone are arrested and charged. Not Ndigbo. pic.twitter.com/ktlisQ001b
— Lauretta Onochie (@Laurestar) January 25, 2021