Jealous Lady Pours Acid On Boyfriend After Thinking He Was Cheating, Jailed For 14-years (Photo)

Reading Time: 3 minutes

A jealous girlfriend will spend the next 14 years in prison after being jailed in the United Kingdom.

It was gathered that the woman, Esther Afrifa, 28 doused her sleeping boyfriend with acid because she mistakenly thought he was having an affair.

She has been jailed for 14 years.

Esther Afrifa, 28 reportedly bought a litre of sulphuric acid from the Internet and left it by her bedside ready to attack 29-year-old Kelvin Pogo at their home in Wembley, north London.

After dousing her sleeping boyfriend with acid, Afrifa went to extraordinary lengths to stop Mr. Pogo from getting medical treatment, leaving him with life-changing injuries that have left him with suicidal thoughts.

Mr Pogo told the Standard: ‘Every day I wake up is like the day she attacked me. It’s like time has stopped.

‘Every time there is a knock at the door I’m scared someone is going to hurt me. She used to be my world and she did this to me. I just can’t understand it.’

Afrifa poured acid onto Mr. Pogo’s chest at 3.30am on December 22, 2019, and it quickly burned through his t-shirt, a trial at Harrow Crown Court heard.

At first, he did not realise his girlfriend was responsible and asked her to get help before pouring holy water on his wounds. She pretended to call 999, blocked his friends from calling, and cancelled a taxi that was due to take him to the hospital.

Afrifa struck again while Mr. Pogo lay resting on the sofa with already painful wounds, pouring more acid over his face and body. He ran from the flat screaming and was helped by a passing stranger who got him medical help.

The boyfriend, who Afrifa wrongly believed was sleeping with a university classmate – said she also tried to get him to drink acid from a Nike sports bottle but he was only saved due to his distrust of tap water since his childhood in Africa.

Mr. Pogo, who moved to Britain to study film, was left with continuing mental trauma and permanent damage to his eyes, head, face, and upper body.

Sentencing Afrifa to 14 years in prison, Judge Charles Bourne QC called it ‘a truly a wicked thing to do’.

Afrifa was arrested after being found nearby loitering in an alleyway. She was taken into custody and later charged.

Detective Constable Tom Dawood, the investigating officer, said: ‘The victim suffered horrific and extensive injuries at the hands of Afrifa and has endured months of surgeries and hospital visits since the attack.

‘I would like to commend colleagues from London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade who attended the scene quickly and provided vital first aid that has undoubtedly reduced the severity of his injuries.

‘I am pleased that Afrifa has been brought to justice for her horrific crime and will now serve a significant custodial sentence.’

She is likely to be deported to Ghana after her release.